Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xarius
Helper I
Helper I

Multiple 1 to many relationships

Hi,

I have 2 tables, Table A has various information about all my teams - teams are unique in this table. Table B holds a list of events where 2 of the teams are involved in each time - every row has 2 teams, one each in columns "Team 1" and "Team 2".

I can create a one to many relationship from Table A to column "Team 1", but I can't create a second relationship to the "Team 2" column.

How should I be doing this?

2 REPLIES 2
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @xarius ,

Enter into Query Editor, click on column Team 1 and Team 2 at the same time, right click to choose "Unpivot Columns", rename this result columns . Don't forget to click the "Close & Apply" button. After that, you can begin to create relationship.

9.png

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Amy (@v-xicai),

This then breaks the fact that my events table is unique to each event (I have 1 to many relationship of that used elsewhere). Is there any other way around it or do I have to make a new table for my events and link to this table?

Regards,

Xarius

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

November Power BI Update 768x460.png

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the November 2021 Updates!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.