Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bgerew

Multi step filter

I have 2 tables.

The first table will be filtered by date using a slicer. This will return a list of invoice numbers.

I then would like to filter the second table by those invoice numbers that were returned in the first table.

Thank You

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @bgerew,

Based on my test, you should be able to use the formula below to create a measure, then use the measure to apply a visual level filter(Measure is great than 0) to filter the second table by selected value in first table.

Measure =
SUMX (
    Table1,
    IF (
        CONTAINS (
            Table1,
            Table1[Invoice Number], FIRSTNONBLANK ( Table2[Invoice Number], 1 )
        ),
    )
)

r4.PNG

Here is the sample pbix file for your reference. Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @bgerew,

Based on my test, you should be able to use the formula below to create a measure, then use the measure to apply a visual level filter(Measure is great than 0) to filter the second table by selected value in first table.

Measure =
SUMX (
    Table1,
    IF (
        CONTAINS (
            Table1,
            Table1[Invoice Number], FIRSTNONBLANK ( Table2[Invoice Number], 1 )
        ),
    )
)

r4.PNG

Here is the sample pbix file for your reference. Smiley Happy

Regards

jthomson
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I'm a touch confused - is it possible that your data set has an invoice number more than once that can have different dates inside and outside of your slicer? I'd have thought that they should be unique, and the first slicer should, assuming there's some sort of relevant relationship, that the second table would be filtered in the way you want by default?

the invoice number can not be a managed relationship as it is a many to many relationship.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.