Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Multi field slicer with long list of selections options

I'm generating a table that calculates an estimated commission for each sales rep (who's 1 of approx 30 sales reps on the sales team)

The sales reps estimated commission, per product (of which there are 5) is driven off of how their total sales (per quarter) rank in comparison to total sales of all the other reps.

I created a slicer that has two fields: Product and Rank:  all of the following appears in one slicer... where, for each product... the sales reps enters what they think their rank will be by the end of the quarter; so they can do a what-if analysis.  Since, for each of the 5 products, the sales rep has to select a rank of 1-30, the slicer expands and become very long.  Does anyone have any idea or suggestion they can share on how a slicer can accomplish the same thing- allowing the user to select a rank for each of the 5 products- that is a better user experience?   Thanks!

ProductRank
Product 11
Product 21
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you need any other help on this thread? If not, could you please mark your post as answered? Thank you.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PANDAmonium
Resolver III
Resolver III

You could go with two horizontal slicers with single select on. It's probably a lot faster and cleaner considering your use case.

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, PANDAmonium.  Apologies for my delayed reply.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you need any other help on this thread? If not, could you please mark your post as answered? Thank you.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for letting me know to do that.  I have accepted it as solution now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.