Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ngct1112
Post Patron
Post Patron

Multi-exchange rate Conversion (Fixed rate by different time)

Hi, I am working on a multi-exchange rate Conversion in my model. There are 2 critiria. 

1.) Multi-currency to Multi-currency

2.) Exchange rates are fixed in different time (i.e 0.67/AUS in 2019, 0.72/AUS in 2020)

The SUM value will be based on the exchange rate at that period of time.

I'm currently using the DAX found here as below. 

Measure 2 = 
var _maxdate=TOPN(1,FILTER('FX table','FX table'[Delivery Date]<=MAX('Table'[Delivery Date])),'FX table'[Delivery Date],DESC)
Return
SUMX(_maxdate,[Exchange Rate])*CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Sales Price]))
Measure 3 = SUMX('Table',[Measure 2])

It works, however, when I am trying to add one more table to cacalute the other converted Price. I found them not possible to have relationship with both 1.)FX table & 2.)Date table at the same time.

Do you have any idea how it could be possble linking them to a "Date table" to make a Date slicer in this situation?

Great thanks!!

Example.pbix

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @ngct1112 ,

When creating an active relationship between Date table and Table, an inactive table relationship between Date table and Table2,

what is your expected output? Like the below picture or anything else?

realationship.png

If this is your expected output, you can use Userelationship() to modify the [Converted2] measure and set it as not blank in the visual filter.

Total Price(Converted2) = 
CALCULATE(
    SUMX('Table2',[Net Price(Convert2)]),
    USERELATIONSHIP(Table2[Delivery Date],'Date Link'[Date])
)

visual filter.png

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ngct1112 ,

Based on your description, seems not certain what is your expected ouutput.

"Do you have any idea how it could be possble linking them to a "Date table" to make a Date slicer in this situation?"

I have checked your previous post issue and found that you have created relationship between date table and table/table 2. Why not create the relationship based on the FX table and the date table directly?

relationship.png

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yingjl , I am hoping that there could be a Date Table (as a slicer) to control "Table" and "table2" or more. 

However, it seems not possible to do the relationship in this situation.

ngct1112_0-1601275959713.png

If the "Date Report" links to the "FX Table" as suggested, when filtering the "Financial Year", it is filtering the year of FX date but not the "delivery date". The result could be different.

ngct1112_3-1601277191607.png

ngct1112_2-1601277004804.png

In this case, when trying to SUM the price delivered in FY2018, (JPY 11,110) should not be calculated.

Appreciated if there are any ways to calculate with fixed FX% in this scenario.

Hi @ngct1112 ,

When creating an active relationship between Date table and Table, an inactive table relationship between Date table and Table2,

what is your expected output? Like the below picture or anything else?

realationship.png

If this is your expected output, you can use Userelationship() to modify the [Converted2] measure and set it as not blank in the visual filter.

Total Price(Converted2) = 
CALCULATE(
    SUMX('Table2',[Net Price(Convert2)]),
    USERELATIONSHIP(Table2[Delivery Date],'Date Link'[Date])
)

visual filter.png

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

@v-yingjl , this is exactly what I have been trying to do. it work wonderfully. Appreciated so much with your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.