Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rginny_
Helper I
Helper I

Multi-day events not showing in calendar visual

I'm using the Calendar Visual by MAQ software and I'm struggling to get it work properly. For some reason, all events show up only on their start date, even if they are mutiple days long and their start and end dates are different. 

See below the example. The Tech Roadmap workshop runs from 2 to 3 June but only shows up on the 2nd. Could someone help me why this is happening?

tech roadmap.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
rginny_
Helper I
Helper I

Ignore me - I have actually figured it out. 

For some reason the end date needs to be one day after the one that you want to visualise. 

So by setting the end dat to the 4th of June for the Workshop, it shows up as a two day event on the 2nd and 3rd.

Weird but it works!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
MAQSupport
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hello,
Thanks for reaching out.

For formatting start and end date, you need to consider the following as these are unfortunately the limitation of the API used to render the Calendar visual:

1. When only date (not date time) is provided as End date to the visual, it takes the end time for the event as 12:00 am and hence, the event ends on the previous day. For example, when date is 29/1/2019, by default it takes 29/01/2019 12:00 AM as its end date time.
  2. If an event lasts for more than a day and the start and end times are before 9 AM, then the end date of the event in the visual will be a day before the end date given in the data. Tooltip will represent the date and time as per the data passed.

Let us know if it meet your requirements and revert back in case of any further issues.

Hello how can we solve  this problem of calendar end date?

Hi Khairi,

If you only enter the date for the end of an event, the visual will assume that the event ends at 12:00 AM on that day. This means that if the event ends on August 29, 2023, and you only enter the date, the visual will show the event as ending on August 28, 2023.

If an event lasts for more than one day and the start and end times are both before 9 AM, the visual will show the end date of the event as one day before the actual end date.

For example, if an event starts on August 28, 2023 at 8 AM and ends on August 29, 2019 at 8 AM, and you only enter the date for the end of the event, the visual will show the end date as August 28, 2023.

To avoid this, you can enter the time for the end of the event as well as the date. This will ensure that the visual shows the correct end date of the event.

For more information you can visit this link: FAQs for Calendar Power BI Custom Visual – MAQ Software (zendesk.com)

Thank you.

-

MAQ Software

Hello thank you for you answer , i tried to put in the end date datetime but it didnt fix my problem ,

khairi_0-1692776886845.png

khairi_1-1692776904993.png

it should end at 16 not 15

Hi Khairi,

Please share a sample report to us at support@maqsoftware.com

We will analyze the issue and get back to you at the earliest.

Thank you.

-

MAQ Software

rginny_
Helper I
Helper I

Ignore me - I have actually figured it out. 

For some reason the end date needs to be one day after the one that you want to visualise. 

So by setting the end dat to the 4th of June for the Workshop, it shows up as a two day event on the 2nd and 3rd.

Weird but it works!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.