Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cobra77
Post Patron
Post Patron

Multi Tables ? and one filter ?

Hi,

We have a fact table with multiple id for one row from the same table ( like multi date , order, shipping ...)

( recipient_id, requestor_id, operator_id, last operator_id etc ... from the same table employe )

If i create only one dimension table, i have to obligatory a measure by type ? ( nb recipient , nb requestor etc .. with userelationship )

If i create 5 dimension tables , how with 1 filter , filter the 5 tables ?

What is the best practices ?

An another solution ?

Env : SSAS , SQL 2016 , power bi , VS 2015

Thanks for your helps and advises

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Cobra77

What field do you use to create the filter? And what result do you want to get when using the filter? Please share us dummy data of fact table and post expected result here.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Multi_employee.jpgsample_fact.jpg

The client want filter with Name for example here demo  : Julie

where Julie can be found in recipient or requestor or operator or last operator

These 4 foreign keys point to the same table used , same views in the cube ssas.

@Cobra77,

The issue is more related to SSAS database design, I would recommend  you post the question in SSAS forum to get dedicated support.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

certainly but we could very well have the same modeling without ssas ? just with data in power bi ?

@Cobra77,

You can create new table and define new relationships in Power BI. In your scenario, which table and which field do you use to create the filter, and what result would you like to get when using this filter?

Regards,
Lydia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.