Regular Visitor

Multi Line chart - missing data value labels

I have a multi line chart displaying 3 series.  2 of the 3 series are diaplaying labels for all data points.

The x-axis is a categorical value - thereby eliminating the label density option.

Any suggestions on how to force the display of the missing data value labels would be greatly appreciated.

Missing Labels.png

Thanks in advance.

Ross

Community Support Team

Re: Multi Line chart - missing data value labels

[ Edited ]

Hi @cklippr,

Perhaps you can try to modify 'label density' option to change the items density.

3.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin Sheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

For learning resources/Release notes, please visit: | |
Regular Visitor

@v-shex-msft, thank you for your reply.

Label density was my first presumption.

The problem with that is my x-axis is categorical (not continuous).  Thus, label density is not an available setting to adjust.

Per your offline inquiry, all points are present in the data set.missing + data.png

Community Support Team

HI @cklippr,

For your scenario, you can try to turn on the customize series to modify the specific categories style to let the highlight the line.

3.PNG

If above also not help, I think you should submit an idea about improve the 'label density' feature.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin Sheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

For learning resources/Release notes, please visit: | |
Regular Visitor

@v-shex-msft

I have already tweaked with every available setting within the data labels.  Is there a particular setting you are suggesting might impact the missing label values?

labels.png

I will most likely make the suggestion to improvel label density behavior anyway.

Thanks,

Ross