Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Multi Line chart - missing data value labels

I have a multi line chart displaying 3 series.  2 of the 3 series are diaplaying labels for all data points.

The x-axis is a categorical value - thereby eliminating the label density option.

Any suggestions on how to force the display of the missing data value labels would be greatly appreciated.

Missing Labels.png

Thanks in advance.

Ross

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Perhaps you can try to modify 'label density' option to change the items density.

3.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-shex-msft, thank you for your reply.

Label density was my first presumption.

The problem with that is my x-axis is categorical (not continuous).  Thus, label density is not an available setting to adjust.

Per your offline inquiry, all points are present in the data set.missing + data.png

HI @Anonymous,

For your scenario, you can try to turn on the customize series to modify the specific categories style to let the highlight the line.

3.PNG

If above also not help, I think you should submit an idea about improve the 'label density' feature.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-shex-msft

I have already tweaked with every available setting within the data labels.  Is there a particular setting you are suggesting might impact the missing label values?

labels.png

I will most likely make the suggestion to improvel label density behavior anyway.

Thanks,

Ross

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors