Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

freakinaditya
Helper II
Helper II

Multi Data Colors in Line Chart?

Hi all,

I have a line chart showing different values. I want to show different ranges of data colors in the Line chart.Line.JPG

Lowest Value - Dark Brown 

Highest Value - Light Brown

I have searched a lot but I not getting the result. 

Is there any way to do so? Or if any custom visuals that support such features?

Thanks in Advance!

6 REPLIES 6
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Good day, I hope everyone is okay.

I present something similar. I have this graph, but I would like that based on an average, the categories that are above an average have a color, and those that are below gray. This to highlight the highest and not manual since the graph is dynamic. I've tried every way and I haven't succeeded. It would be very good if the line graph could do it. If someone knows how to solve it, they would be pleased. Happy day

vanessagiraldo_0-1632344325586.png

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @freakinaditya ,

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, kindly Accept it as the solution. More people will benefit from it. Or you are still confused about it, please provide me with more details about your table and your problem or share me with your pbix file from your Onedrive for Business.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

@v-eqin-msft , I have not got exact solution for the line chart but we can do the same for other graphs like bar and column chart.

It is not possible in line chart.

Thanks

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @freakinaditya ,

As @amitchandak  said, we could only apply conditional formatting to  data dot in Line visualization currently.

Maybe you could use other visuals instead.

10.22.5.1.PNG

This is at idea/feedback level alone. Hopes Power Bi will implement this in nearby future.

If you also want this in power bi, let the power bi community to know this things and give your votes at power bi site's feedback -https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=0671c26d-bd0e-43ad-b78c-bb097f2c54af

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please upload some insensitive data samples and expected output.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@freakinaditya , you can not have that. You can have a color dot. Apply conditional fomatting by making this visual as bar and then make it like again.

You can use option as  color scale or rule or field value option.

for field value you can create a measure like

Color sales = if(AVERAGE(Sales[Sales Amount])<170,"green","red")
Color Year = if(FIRSTNONBLANK('Table'[Year],2014) <=2016,"lightgreen",if(FIRSTNONBLANK('Table'[Year],2014)>2018,"red","yellow"))

refer https://radacad.com/dax-and-conditional-formatting-better-together-find-the-biggest-and-smallest-num...
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-conditional-table-formatting#color-by-color-values

Thank you @amitchandak , I have used similar to that what you said but it will only change color of markers (dots) in the line chart.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.