Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ewout
Regular Visitor

Muliple Slicer Selection based on column

Hi, 

I am trying to make a slicer which can turn off/on certain effects which were detected. For example: You have a truss with grapes. 

The computer has measured that truss one has one green grape, eight red grapes and 1 blue grape. Also the computers measures how many grapes have certain issues which make them not sellable. 

I want a slicer which filters every truss by the if this problem of colour is available in this truss. 

So in the case of this example, if i select "blue" Truss one and  Three will show. Truss two and four will be filtered out. 

I hope my questions is clear :D, any questions I will be happy to answer!

TrussRedBlueGreenProblem 1

One

two4050
Three2513
Fout1091
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Ewout
Regular Visitor

I found a solution by creating a new colum measuring if the statement is "problem is there" or null. Using a slicer with this new colum and filter out the Null values will almost complete the job.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Ewout
Regular Visitor

I found a solution by creating a new colum measuring if the statement is "problem is there" or null. Using a slicer with this new colum and filter out the Null values will almost complete the job.

Ewout
Regular Visitor

Thanks for your reply, but the dataset is to big to do an easy transform (unpivot comuls). The dataset must be in this position to be working fine. Also it would be nice is some new problems were added, that adding this to powerbi wouldn't be that difficult.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ewout,

I'd like to suggest you do unpivot on your colors and problem fields, then you can simply create a matrix showing the raw effect and write a measure as a filter to filter your records.

Unpivot columns (Power Query) 

Applying a measure filter in Power BI 
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.