Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

Moving from User account in one tenant to user accounts in another. Can still see Dataflows

I wes recently doing a training session and my users switched to training accounts in my tenant to create Adventureworks dataflows. 

we created the Dataflows in the training account E.g. student.one@trainingemail.com

The next day they moved back to their own accounts in their own tenant. e.g. mark.smith@company.com

They went in to Power BI and they could still see the Dataflow they created in My Student account. Obviously this is really worrying as they moved to another tenant and shouldnt be able to see the data flow. Has anyone seen this because I think it seems like a real issue

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
aTChris
Resolver I
Resolver I

@DebbieE 

When you say they moved back, did they authenticate with PBI desktop with their tenant username and password?

If so then the issue will be because the Datasource will retain the settings fo the connection not the session on PBI desktop.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DebbieE ,

Try to check if the two accounts are in the same workspace and both have edit permissions(Admin, Member, Contributor).

x2.PNG

If not, please create support ticket .

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The two accounts were not in the same workspace. Its a difficult one to test because Im away from the training session now but it may be that Service was still logged in as student and Desktop was logged in as the users business account

Still, I wouldnt think that they would be able to see what they had done in Service so i think this one needs a support ticket. Thanks

aTChris
Resolver I
Resolver I

@DebbieE 

When you say they moved back, did they authenticate with PBI desktop with their tenant username and password?

If so then the issue will be because the Datasource will retain the settings fo the connection not the session on PBI desktop.

DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

That may be it. Its difficult to test because Im not training anymore but that may be the case

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.