cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Sean Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Moving / Rearranging Calculated Columns in Data View in PBI Desktop and Ctrl+A

I'm trying to move my Calculated Columns in the Data View - is this possible? (It is in PowerPivot)

I'd like to rearrange my Calculated Columns so they are next to columns where they would be more relevant and make more sense.

It would be nice also if the Calculated Columns are shaded darker as in PowerPivot so we can easily distinguish them.

Also please enable Ctrl+A (Select ALL) in the Data View - currently it works only in the Query Editor.

This way we could Select ALL Data in the Data View where it would include the Calculated Columns.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sean Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Moving / Rearranging Calculated Columns in Data View in PBI Desktop and Ctrl+A

Thanks! I just created a suggestion.

If anyone would like this feature also please Vote at:

https://support.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi/suggestions/9467625-moving-rearranging-calculated...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User IV
Super User IV

Re: Moving / Rearranging Calculated Columns in Data View in PBI Desktop and Ctrl+A

Just downloaded the August update. Still can't move calculated columns or use Ctrl+A in data view. I suggest that you create a suggestion for both of these here:

https://support.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi

I have book! Learn Power BI from Packt

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Sean Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Thanks! I just created a suggestion.

If anyone would like this feature also please Vote at:

https://support.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi/suggestions/9467625-moving-rearranging-calculated...

View solution in original post

ashishrj Senior Member

@Sean You can go through the Power BI Desktop update below: 

Announcing the Power BI Desktop August Update

Helpful resources

Announcements
Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

It’s the start of a new Super User season! Learn all about the new Super Users and brand-new tiered recognition system.

Super User Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Super User Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're celebrating the start of the New Super User season with our first ever Super User 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Power BI Desktop Update - February 2020

Power BI Desktop Update - February 2020

We are super excited for our update this month, as we are releasing two of our top community requests!

Power Platform Online Conference

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

Top Solution Authors