Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Moving Measures in a separate table (PBI & SSAS 2017 Live Connection)

Hi,

I’m using SSAS 2017 to store my tabular model.  As frontend I’m using Power BI Desktop Release March 2018.

Because in the meantime I have a huge amount of measures (stored in SSAS 2017 tabluar mode) I want to  structure and group them. Of course I could use display folders but I would rather prefer to a separate “measure table”.

From the PBI Desktop I already know that measures are “table inspecific”, so they can technically live anywhere. Furthermore, I know how to move measures between tables (or to a specific measure table) easily as shown here.

But as far as I experienced it with the tabular model in SSAS this easy way is not possible. In fact, I have to cut out the measure from one table and paste it into the new location/table. Thus, actually I have to recreate them.

The disadvantage accompanied by this approach is that the connection to the moved measure gets lost in the PBI Desktop and I receive and error in my PBI report that the measure is not available anymore.

Is there any other way to move a measure in SSAS 2017 in the way you can do it in Power BI Desktop?

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

Dom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi DomPower,

This issue seems like more related to SSAS, I would recommend you to post your issue in MSDN SQL Server forum here: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/home?forum=sqlanalysisservices.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi DomPower,

This issue seems like more related to SSAS, I would recommend you to post your issue in MSDN SQL Server forum here: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/home?forum=sqlanalysisservices.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.