Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Moving Average on more than one dimension

I am trying to create a 2 month moving average based on date dimension + another dimension say B ( not related to time) which will be used as a selector/filter. The 2 month moving average should be calculated at the Dimension B level , so that everytime a value is selected from Dimension B, it will show the 2 month moving average for that selected value.

Kindly help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi, @Anonymous 

Please correct me if I wrongly understood your question.

Please check the below picture and the sample pbix file, whether it is what you are looking for.

The measure is in the sample pbix file.

Picture4.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/quw9qhpczfc7w14/Raj.pbix?dl=0 

Hi, My name is Jihwan Kim.

If this post helps, then please consider accept it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jihwankim1975/

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @Jihwan_Kim ;

Just to let you know the problem is solved. It was data related issue.. nothing to do with Power BI..

Thank you again for your support..  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Jihwan_Kim :  The solution seems to be working as you described using slicers. But I am trying to filter the moving average visulaization by selecting elements from a simple Grid. Taking your example, i have a simple grid which shows the customer listing. I want the Moving average visualization to be filtered for a customer when i click on the customer name/id from the grid. This doesnt seem to work. When i click on Customer name from the customer listing grid, the moving average visualization shows "no data ".  Am i missing something ?

Hi, @Anonymous 

Terribly sorry that I could not understand your last question.

I changed the customer selection in my sample pbix file, and it still shows information.

If it is OK with you, please share your sample pbix file's link, then I can try to come up with a more accurate measure.

Thank you.

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Jihwan_Kim :

Its ok.. your pbix file is working, the issue seems to be from my end. will try to figure out. Cant share the pbix file unfortunately . 

But Many thanks for your time and help. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jihwan_Kim : Thank you !!

Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi, @Anonymous 

Please correct me if I wrongly understood your question.

Please check the below picture and the sample pbix file, whether it is what you are looking for.

The measure is in the sample pbix file.

Picture4.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/quw9qhpczfc7w14/Raj.pbix?dl=0 

Hi, My name is Jihwan Kim.

If this post helps, then please consider accept it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jihwankim1975/

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Jihwan_Kim ;

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.. Yes you got the context right. Can you explain the Key measure table in ur pbix file and how you created it ? apologies i am newbie in powerbi so appreciate your patience

Hi, @Anonymous 

Thank you for your feedback.

Please try the below steps in order to create Keymeasures Table with the measure-symbol.

- create a new table without entering any information. -> it will show one-column table with no information. And name the table "keymeasures".  (See the picture below, and click EnterData).

-  hover over to your new table name, write click your mouse and create a new measure (any measures).

- once there is more than one measure in the new table, delete the empty column that was created at the beginning.

Picture6.png

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.