Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

the606
Helper I
Helper I

Moving Annual Order count for previous 12 months

Hi,

Im new to this and I have managed to create all of the measures so far but I am stuck.

I need to create a measure to count the previous 12 months orders, I have a column Sales Master 'Order number' and I wish to count this to show a rolling twelve months (based on a finish date of TODAY) of the previous 12 months orders.

Can you give me some help please?

Stay Safe!

3 REPLIES 3
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Please give this a try-

NewMeasure = CALCULATE([Order Count], DATESINPERIOD('Date'[Date], TODAY(), -12, month))

This assumes you have a Date table and a measure called Order Count.

If this works for you, please mark it as solution.  Kudos are appreciated too.  Please let me know if not.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Thanks very much, im not using a separate date table, can i link this with the order date instead?

I created a date table and this calculation works perfectly!

However it has shown me that i am not asking the right question.

Im trying to create a graph that shows a count of what the previous 12 months orders are at that time. this way we can see what the rolling moving annual is in that month and show whether the trend is increasing. I want to have the months on the legend and the years as the axis. I hope this makes sense its not easy to explain (for me anyway).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.