Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jude_moore
Helper II
Helper II

Move up or Move Down dissappeared from Hierarchy in the Fields Pane

Hi Team

Im using February 2021 edition of Power BI Desktop and noticed that when within a hierarchy  the usual right-click on a field normally gives you the option to move a field up or down in the context me menu. These options now seemed to have disappeared from this version of power bi.

Any clue on how it's done now?

Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6
ARCpatcalderon
Regular Visitor

Still figuring out how to do this easily. In the meantime, I'm doing the manual override but it's definitely a hassle.

jude_moore
Helper II
Helper II

Sorry, the point was to order the fields inside the hierarchy group in the Fields pane not within visuals themselves. Else there is no point having a hierarchy group in the first place just to be manually overriden

Thanks though 

V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@jude_moore 

Do you mean the move up and down feature? I have also test with the Feb version the feature worked fine. May I know which visual did you use and is there any changes you made on the report?

V-pazhen-msft_0-1615430755109.png

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Paul

I am using the Feb version also. My original thought was that my report was authored on an older version and it was like a compatability bug but then I still have the same issue with the missing Move Up and Move Down within a Hierarchy 

SnipImage.JPG

Strange will upload an example. Maybe my installation is broke. 🤔

negi007
Super User II
Super User II

@jude_moore Please ensure that you have drill up and down enable in visual header

negi007_0-1615215439276.png

negi007_1-1615215469200.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Proud to be a Super User!

Follow me here

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors