Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mbegg
Helper II
Helper II

Move data source from one report to another

Hi, 

I have used Query editor to build a data source combining multiple tabs from multiple .xlsx files from multiple folders. 

There are 23 individual queries that all merge together at the end into 1 table.

Is there anyway I can export the whole thing into a Power BI report that already has charts set up for this data

I want to avoid rebuilding each query 1 by 1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Select all queries, right click, copy.  I confirmed that you can then paste this into a new pbix and it works.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Did you create this in Power Query in Excel?  Or are you trying to move the query from one pbix file to another?

Either way, you can always copy and paste the M code from the advanced editor for each query to recreate your data model in Power BI.  You can also copy all M code at the same time and then see if you can paste it into the pbix, but I'm not sure that it will create multiple different queries or try to do it all in one.

@dkay84_PowerBI

I created it in Power BI Query. 

Yes I can copy the M code from each query indivudally, however how do I get all the M code across multiple queries at once?

Select all queries, right click, copy.  I confirmed that you can then paste this into a new pbix and it works.

@dkay84_PowerBI thanks very much, that is great!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.