Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tmul
Frequent Visitor

Move data in time

Hi, 

I have a project, where I need to add a time shift for a few cases. My original data contains an amount, the project and the years. 
Now I implemented the possibility to move the different projects in time. I can move all projects or only a few of them by a fixed number of years. For this, I use a filter for the time shift, e.g. the user can choose a number between 0 and 20 to move the project and a filter for the projects, where the user can choose one or more projects which should be moved by the time in the filter.
Now comes the problem, I need to move different projects by a different amount of years, e.g. project A should move 5 years, Project B should not move at all and Project C should move two years in time. 

Sample data set:

YearProjectAmount
2021A5
2021B10
2021C10
2022A10
2022B5
2022C2

After the example time shift from above, the table should look like this:

YearProjectAmount
2021B10
2022B5
2023C10
2024C2
2026A5
2027A10

Any idea how to do that nicely? I have seen a solution where I need to generate a measure for each project and then a filter for each project, giving the start year. This is too complicated and not really applicable. This project should than be rolled out to the next department, where there is another number of projects, so it should be as general as possible. 
I guess, a possibility could be to restrict the possible shift to only 5 different years, then I would need 5 filters for the time shift and 5 for the project. But not sure if that would be the best. 
Maybe there is someone who has a good idea! 

Regards, 
Tobias

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

There's not really a way to do that in Power BI. Maybe in Excel?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.