Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

skaranam
Frequent Visitor

Mouseover on Title - Power BI Report

Hello All,

I was working on a power bi report and got a new request which asks for mouseover.

In web pages, when we mouseover on a question mark symbol or something, we can see the text with explanation or notation. In the same way, i created a power bi report and added a title called Bounce Rate. When i mouseover on that in the report, i see only the text Bounce Rate. Is there any way we can add notation or extra text and that should show only when we do mouseover on that text. Is that possible in power bi. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Sai

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

There is no way to achieve this using the text box or card visual, but see the example of using a small donut chart with a question mark image inside of it in this sample report. You might try something along these lines: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Data-Stories-Gallery/Social-Media-Monitoring-amp-Analytics-Report/m...

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

There is no way to achieve this using the text box or card visual, but see the example of using a small donut chart with a question mark image inside of it in this sample report. You might try something along these lines: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Data-Stories-Gallery/Social-Media-Monitoring-amp-Analytics-Report/m...

The cards with question marks in them in the sample report you referenced don't do anything. So that is a bad reference and this should not be an accepted solution.

The donut charts overlaying the question marks provide tooltips when you hover over them.

DonutTooltip.PNG

OK, I figured out the problem. You need to have your pointer somewhere over the donut, but nowhere in the donut hole. I was hovering over the question mark, which is what I would presume most people would do. If I needed to struggle to get the tooltip when I was searching for something I thought was there, I can only image how ineffective this design is with casual users.

Whoa! Thanks, SqlJason! The Dynamic Tooltip custom visual give me exactly what I'm looking for. Man Happy

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.