Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TCavins
Helper V
Helper V

Mouse Over Menu is hidden

When I mouse over my visual, I'm used to seeing the context menu for Filters, Focus Mode and More Options.

I have one visualization that has it's menu hidden behind another visualization. Is there a way to force it to appear on top of it without first having to click the visualization?

I'm trying to save space so I have visualizations right next to each other.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Haha oh dear - you just switched your problem! If they are so close you can't see both menus by ordering, and you do need to see both, perhaps think about redesigning your layout a bit. Good luck 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello All,

I know this thread is an older one, but i face the same issue. 

When I mouse over my visual, I'm used to seeing the context menu for Filters, Focus Mode and More Options.

I have many visualizations that has it's menu hidden behind another visualization. Is there a way to force it to appear on top of it without first having to click the visualization?

Many thanks for your help!!

Bizualisation
Resolver I
Resolver I

Two options -

You could change the layering order of your visuals - you can do this by going to View > Selection and edit the order there.

If you don't need the menu on the other visual you can disable the visual header, in the formatting options for that visual.

It partially worked. Now the second menu is hidden...

I'll play with the ordering to see what may work overall.

Haha oh dear - you just switched your problem! If they are so close you can't see both menus by ordering, and you do need to see both, perhaps think about redesigning your layout a bit. Good luck 🙂

Yes, appears that's the direction I need to go. Thanks for your help. At least I learned something new regarding the ordering.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.