Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Bryan_Schmidt
Helper I
Helper I

Most visuals are blank except for titles

My file contains 23 pages of visuals but suddently most of those on pages 7-23 are blank except for the titles. I've tried closing and reopening the file, and also rebooting my laptop. My back-up copy is also similarly affected. I'm using Version: 2.111.590.0 64-bit (November 2022). Any suggestions on how to fix this would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bryan_Schmidt
Helper I
Helper I

I found the solution. The filter window has a box labeled "Require single selection" and one that says "Select all". I had the correct date range filter selected but "Select all" was also checked. This apparently is the default; unless "Require single selection" is checked IN ADDITION to the specific date range, I'm guessing "Select all" overrides whatever date range is selected. Having a date range selected in addition to "Select all" may have created a conflict that prevented anything from appearing. I did not noticed this earlier as it didn't affect the graphs when originally created.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Bryan_Schmidt
Helper I
Helper I

I found the solution. The filter window has a box labeled "Require single selection" and one that says "Select all". I had the correct date range filter selected but "Select all" was also checked. This apparently is the default; unless "Require single selection" is checked IN ADDITION to the specific date range, I'm guessing "Select all" overrides whatever date range is selected. Having a date range selected in addition to "Select all" may have created a conflict that prevented anything from appearing. I did not noticed this earlier as it didn't affect the graphs when originally created.

Bryan_Schmidt
Helper I
Helper I

I installed the October 2022 version of Power BI Desktop thinking there was an issue with the November upgrade but no change in results. No issues occur when refreshing source tables and no error messages are received. The variables for the X and Y axis and legend appear as expected in the section used to build a visual and their properties are set to "On". I appreciate your suggestion; please advise if I should try something else.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.