Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gijs
Advocate I
Advocate I

More information button in table

Hi All,

I have a table with some summary information, and I would like that users of my dashboard can click on more information and once they do that, that a pop-up appears with more information about the item in that row. 

I currently do it with a custom tooltip, but I do not like the tooltip too much since I also sometimes have entries which are to long to show and than I would like the normal way of hoovering which shows the complete entry during a hoover. And that's not possible (as far as I know when using a tooltip)

I have used in the past the button with actions to a bookmark option (and than based on the bookmark showing or not showing something) to create a pop-up, but I do not see a solution for what I would like to have since I basically want a button in every row of my table, automatically created which than gives the id of the row with it to show the extra information of that specific entry in a pop-up. Does someone know whether this is possible?

(Please let me know if you don't understand what I mean, its a bit difficult to explain but I hope this is clear enough..)

Best regards,

Gijs

3 REPLIES 3
TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Gijs ,

Have you considered the drillthrough function to get more information from another page?

Best Regards,

Teige

Yes I have, I am using that already if someone wants to see more detailed information of a specific table entry.

What I would like though as an extra functionality on the overview page, showing some more information but without leaving the overview page. (Keeping those visuals in place) It's going to be different information than on the drilltrough page.

It sounds probably a bit odd, if you would see the dashboard it would make way more sense, but unfortunately I cannot show it as the information in there is restricted..  

Hi, did you ever get a resolution to this?

Tina

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.