Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

More Options dialog over visual Not showing in the Workspace

Hi,

I found out that the "More Options" dialogue is not being displayed once I do publish my report to the Workspace, In any of the visuals of my report. 

The option is working perfectly in the Desktop file. I am not hiding headers and I do allow to export. If I  do edit the file in the Workspace I am able to see the dots "More Options" 

More Options.png

Any advice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Find a Solution after a while playing with the different option under >Options>Report Settings>

OptionsMenu.PNG

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
grldncstll
Frequent Visitor

Hi, all!

I have the same issue. The Power BI desktop is showing the More Options button when hovering. But in the Power BI service mode, visualizations do not display any More Options button. This has been the settings:

grldncstll_0-1692259410921.png

I have premium access. Even on my end, the power bi service does not display the More Options button.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Find a Solution after a while playing with the different option under >Options>Report Settings>

OptionsMenu.PNG

Hi There,

I am also having a similar kind of issue, I tried your solution but was still not able to see the "More Option" in the workspace, i can see it in the desktop as seen in the screenshot, however am not able to see it in the workspace. Please help!

sthokchom_0-1645479110653.png

Hi @Anonymous,

It seems that you have solved your problem.

Please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If you still need help, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous,

Check if on the visual header option by any chance the more options is not turned off, you can select on the visual header item by item what are the ones that are on or off.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks 

VisualOn.png

I tried all the options and finally found the one that was causing this. Make sure that Header Icons is not set to off.  When so, the options button will show in edit mode, but will not be available from the service.

riverick_0-1663940199164.png

czak
Frequent Visitor

This led me to the right direction.  I had the same issue with not being able to see the option to Export data from the workspace (but could from the desktop).  There is an Icons section under Header Icons that has a "More Options" toggle for On and Off.  The fix, for me, was to toggle "More Options" to be On.    

czak_0-1686753865728.png

This solved it. Thank you!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.