Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Atreju67
Frequent Visitor

Monthly view of data when using relative date filtering

Hi all,

I am trying to bild a chart which makes my future sales of the next year visible by month. This shall always refer to the current month, so I selected the relative data filter and set it to next year.

Now, the chart is showing me all the expected sales per day, but I wish to sum these daily values up, so that I will see a monthly sum of expected sales.

screenshot.PNG

Does somebody have an idea?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Atreju67

You may try to use date hierarchy for your Date . Then select the Expand button on the top left of the visualization as below pictures. Here is the Microsoft document for your reference.

1.png

22.png

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Atreju67

You may try to use date hierarchy for your Date . Then select the Expand button on the top left of the visualization as below pictures. Here is the Microsoft document for your reference.

1.png

22.png

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Great, that was easy!

Thank you very much

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.