Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Naeven

Monthly fixed costs divided by transaction

Hello,

I have a table of transactions with Kg and a transaction date.

I have fixed costs per month that I want to divide to every transaction of that specific month, weighted depending on the Kg SUM of each month & Kg of each transaction.

So I imagine that every transaction row should calculate something like this; Transaction_Fixed_Cost = Transaction_Kg * (Fixed_Monthly_Cost / SUM_Monthly_Kg)

The Fixed_Monthly_Cost would be a parameter.

But I'm having troubles trying to achieve this in PowerBi, specially the SUM_Monthly_Kg within every row, not sure if I should usa a meassure, calculated column, or something ells.

I hope it's enough info, any help would be appriciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OK, I managed to google a solution now. Cheers for your help

Fixed_Cost = Transactions[kg] * (10000 / CALCULATE(SUM(Transactions[kg]);ALLEXCEPT(Transactions;Transactions[Date].[Month])))

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Naeven,

If I understand you correctly, you should be able to use the formula below to create a new calculate column in your transactions table by firstly adding month column in transactions table, then create a relationship between these two tables with month column in both tables. Smiley Happy

Transaction_Fixed_Cost =
'TransactionsTable'[Transaction_Kg]
    * ( RELATED ( 'CostTable'[Fixed_Monthly_Cost] ) / 'Transactions'[SUM_Monthly_Kg] )

Regards

Hi @v-ljerr-msft,

Sorry about the late reply. That got me a little bit further, but still I'm struggling on the part of SUM_Monthly_Kg. wich is not something I've already calculated/set up.

Currently I'm doing this;

Fixed_Cost = Transactions[Kg] * (10000 / SUM(Transactions[Kg]))

And now I whould like to add the part were the SUM(Transactions[Kg]) is per month that the transaction belongs to, let's say per "Transaction[Date]

OK, I managed to google a solution now. Cheers for your help

Fixed_Cost = Transactions[kg] * (10000 / CALCULATE(SUM(Transactions[kg]);ALLEXCEPT(Transactions;Transactions[Date].[Month])))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.