Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

underkar
Frequent Visitor

Monthly Matrix table - how to add YTD and PYTD

Hi All,

I have create a matrix table which shows all the measures in column 1 (most of them are simple SUM measures). Then from 2 to 13 columns I have set all months from Jul to Jun (Fiscal Year).

Captura.PNG

What I want to do is to add another 3 columns, showing:

- Column 14: Instead of Grand Total I want to show YTD - Current year

- Columns 15: PYTD - previous year

- Column 16: YTD vs PYTD - Variance

I am able to build a comparative YTD vs PYTD table, but not a combination of montly, ytd and pytd.

I am a newbie in Power BI so I´m a little bit lost. Any tips to help me to move forward?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @underkar,

I'm afraid it is not available to replace the Grand Total column with YTD, PYTD and YTD vs PYTD. Even you have generated the correct measures for these three values, when you add them to Matrix, they will be displayed under each Month column header (looks like a column group), rather then appending to the right of the last month column.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Rajesh1093
Frequent Visitor

Hi @underkar 

The below link will solve your problem. It has been done for Previous YTD and % Change and you can change the metrics for as per your need.

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/One-visual-with-month-by-month-and-year-to-date-me...

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @underkar,

I'm afraid it is not available to replace the Grand Total column with YTD, PYTD and YTD vs PYTD. Even you have generated the correct measures for these three values, when you add them to Matrix, they will be displayed under each Month column header (looks like a column group), rather then appending to the right of the last month column.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

WHoa! I don't think that's possible without making all sorts of measures. It will be interest ing to see if someone takes the challenge. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.