Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

iamblue91
Frequent Visitor

Monthly Billings By Project

Hello everyone!

I am trying to create a summary of the various projects (with an added level of job type & client), but I am having some issues with the date aspect of this.

Through the year, I've been summarizing the monthly billings per project and want to visualize the various share per month etc.

I currently have the months horizontal, but have also started to move it to look like below

DateProject 1Project 2 Project 3Project 4Project 5Project 6
ClientClient AClient AClient AClient AClient BClient C
Job TypeConsultingProject ManagementProject ManagementConsultinReportingReporting
January      
Feburary      
March      
April      
May       
June      
July      
October      
November     
December     
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @iamblue91,

If I understand you correctly, you should be able to firstly show the Date column as Rows, and the Project, Client, Job Type column all as Columns on the Matrix visual, and then click the "Expand all down one level in the hierarchy" option() on the left top of the Matrix to get your expected result. Smiley Happy

r1.PNG

Regards

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @iamblue91,

If I understand you correctly, you should be able to firstly show the Date column as Rows, and the Project, Client, Job Type column all as Columns on the Matrix visual, and then click the "Expand all down one level in the hierarchy" option() on the left top of the Matrix to get your expected result. Smiley Happy

r1.PNG

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.