Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

alexfheels

Month over month calculation with month slicer

I've created a date table, a prior month revenue measure, and a MoM calculation measure. Everything looks good when i plot the data in a matrix - i pull month, revenue, prior month revenue measure, and MoM measure and im able to confirm that everything is calculating correctly.

The problem occurs when i remove month from the matrix and create a month slicer - When i select a specific month, the prior month revenue measure breaks and shows no value (and MoM breaks as a result). I think this happens because im slicing on one month, so its blocking the prior month measure form being able to pull data from a prior month.

Does anyone know a work around? i need to be able to slice on a specific month, and show MoM calculations.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
bpflueger
Frequent Visitor

I'm facing a similar problem where I want to display data from a quarter selected via slicer, but still need data from the previous quarter to calculate certain KPIs.

Your experience is the same as mine - I've developed a measure that should dynamically use previous quarter data, but as soon as I select a value in the slicer the measure breaks because the older data is now filtered.

It seems like a very common use case, but I haven't been able to find a solution short of complicated visual level filters and hardcoded dates (which is not a true solution).  Please post here if you figure it out! 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.