Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Riddlemirror
Frequent Visitor

Month Slicer does not work with 1 visual

Hey Community,

I have a data that is to be sliced via the Monthly Slicer. I have all of the visuals working except for one table. I have looked into the relationships but I cannot seem to figure out what I did wrong.

The Month column exists in the original dataset and I have it formatted to the same format. 

I have also tried to create a separate Month Reference Table and connected it to all my other datasets. Again, it works for every one of them except this one called "All GPC Cases".

Screenshots below:

(Problem dataset highlighted in Red)

MonthTable is the reference table which is filtering all other datasets.

Riddlemirror_0-1648718979830.png

Month column in the "All GPC Cases" 

Riddlemirror_1-1648719052100.png

All visuals are filtered for the month except for this table "All GPC Cases" which shows cases per country:

Riddlemirror_3-1648719194538.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Actually i changed the data sets a bit now for the visualizations. And I realized I had some redundancies in my datasets. SO Now I have deleted one of them and used a slicer directly from the 'All GPC Cases' dataset which worked on all other datasets too. So Not sure what the issue was but I found a workaround 🙂 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ribisht17
Super User
Super User

Yes, I was quite sure that it was a data issue 🙂

ribisht17
Super User
Super User

Hi ,

It is difficult to tell without seeing the actual data model from here.

Can be a data corruption issue with PBI and workbook. Have you tried to recreate it?

Regards,

Ritesh

Actually i changed the data sets a bit now for the visualizations. And I realized I had some redundancies in my datasets. SO Now I have deleted one of them and used a slicer directly from the 'All GPC Cases' dataset which worked on all other datasets too. So Not sure what the issue was but I found a workaround 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.