Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ramyak
Employee
Employee

Modifying existing report data source from ADLS Gen 1 to ADLS Gen 2

Hi,

I am trying to alter reports data source connection from ADLS Gen 1 to ADLS Gen 2. It throws me an error that the request URI is invalid. I am able to create a new report with Gen 2 data source. But not able to modify the report getting data from Gen1. Is there a way to do this with out creating new report?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Chenwuz, I was able to modify the report with out much changes. After changing DataLake.Contents to AzureStorage.DataLake in the source it worked.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
v-chenwuz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ramyak ,

You are able  to create a new report with gen 2, can you get data from gen 2 in report which was existing gen1 data?

Here's the trick,If is you can add gen2 data source. just get the data from gen2 and change the table name as gen1 table name, and delete the table from gen1 before you apply&save.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Chenwuz, I was able to modify the report with out much changes. After changing DataLake.Contents to AzureStorage.DataLake in the source it worked.

Thanks!

Hi @Ramyak

That's great, can you mark your method or  information helpful to you as a solution? So that more people can find the solution quickly.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

parry2k
Super User
Super User

seems like an authentication issue, can you clear data source credentials in option and settings -> Data source settings

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Tried that too. It did not work. Thanks!

parry2k
Super User
Super User

and the error is?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Ramyak when you are creating a new report using gen2, take the M code under Transform data and update your existing ADLS Gen1 M script with this new script.

I already tried it. It still gives me same error

[DataSource.Error] Web.Contents failed to get contents from 'https:/<>/webhdfs/v1/'(400): The request URI is invalid

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.