Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Modify legend order ArcGIS Maps

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to change the order of the layer legend in the visualisation ArcGIS Maps for Power BI?

3 REPLIES 3
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

Don't use this visualization but assume that has in any other Power BI visualization if you add a custom sort on the legend column you can have that sorting done in the visualization correctly.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

I've come across this issue as well. Unfortunately ArcGIS doesn't use the normal Legend shelf in it's component. Instead the "legend" appears in a custom layers UI only when the layer in question is expanded. In my instance I have an Account Type A-E. For some reason the legend goes C, A, E, B, D even though the sort in the model for field is set to sort by Account Type (Default).  Would love to know how to get this to output alphabetically.

Found a way to do this.  Initially tried adding an a custom sort column for the Account Type that was based on 1-6 just to see what that would do.  This didn’t help.

Then discovered options a bit buried in the AcrGIS layers UI I mentioned earlier.  In that layers pane click the ellipsis/… next to the layer in question.  Select Symbology from the menu then select the Symbol style and stay hovered over it and a Style Options link appears.  Click that and then you can manually reorder the legend, set colours etc within there. Not great that the sort order doesn’t tie back to the Power BI field sort order but it’s better than nothing.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.