Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Matthias93
Helper III
Helper III

Modify a conditional column

Hi,

I have a pretty basic question, but I can't seem to find the answer. I have created a conditional column in one of my tables. How can I modify these conditions afterwards if I want to make some changes?

Kind regards,

Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Matthias93

If you want to add the condition column in Query Editor, you can add custom column with Power Query syntax. 

if [Column1] = "a" then 0 else 1

99.PNG

88.PNG

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Click on your column and you should see the formula in the bar just above the table. Or are you doing this in the Query Editor?

powerbicolumn.png

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hi,

Thank you for your help, but I am indeed doing this in de query editor where I put 10 conditional lines (if X then Y), how can I change these lines from the editor?

Kind regards,

Matt

Hi Matthias93,

Maybe a little bit too late, but I don't think the reply (that is marked as solution) answered your question. You want to modify your Custom Column in the Query Editor.

To do this, go to your Applied Steps in the Query Settings (on the right side). Then click on the settings icon and then you can change your query. More information here.

Kind regards,

Ricardo

That's right Ricardo, thanks.

@Matthias93

If you want to add the condition column in Query Editor, you can add custom column with Power Query syntax. 

if [Column1] = "a" then 0 else 1

99.PNG

88.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.