Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mukhan169
Helper III
Helper III

Modelling Issue

Good Evening experts,

I have modelling issue. I have claims table which has only 4 models but in my sales I have 6 models. Part of the formula is to calculate the count of claims and divide it by Total sales. Which is not producing the right results as counts are for 4 models from claims but we are diving it sales total of 6 models. If someone can point me in right direction that will be greatly appreciated.

Here is the link to the sample file

Modeling Issue

Thanks in advance for the help.

8 REPLIES 8
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@mukhan169 ,

I have modelling issue. I have claims table which has only 4 models but in my sales I have 6 models. Part of the formula is to calculate the count of claims and divide it by Total sales. Which is not producing the right results as counts are for 4 models from claims but we are diving it sales total of 6 models.=

What does 4 models and 6 models mean? In the sample you post, there're 7 tables and one page report. Could you clarify more details about the logic and show the expected result?

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuta-msft 

If you look in the claims file. You have NP0, NQF, NQG and NQH models that have claims. Its the "model" field in claims table.
But if you look at sales converted data under "Model" field It will show NP0.NQ^,NQ&,NQF,NQG and NQH. So when I run the Sales sum it sum all the models that are in the sales and return the number I just want the total of sales from sales for only the models that are in claims table.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Anyone can help in this regard?

Modeling Issue 1.PNGModeling Issue 2.PNG

As you can see that total claims only have 4 models but it is calculating sum of sales for 6 for total sales.

Any help will be greatly appriciated.

I don't think you've attached the correct file in the first post.  All tables only have one model 'JK'

Correct Modeling file

Thank you, was probably having a brain fart. Thank you for pointing it out.

You will have to create a visual by using the Models table since it links Claims and Sales.

There is a problem with this table because it doesn't have 'NQH' model.

@HotChilli  Thank you . I am not sure how to create the measure for sales that only sum all the models in sales For the models claim have.  Here is the latest file again. THank you for pointing out the silly mistakes, its unfortunate I cant share the real data I have to create dummy data.

Models Fixed

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors