Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Modeling power bi

Hello,

I'm working on a model on a power bi desktop, and I'm modeling these tables below : 

Hicham_0-1614329357629.png

So as you can see in this model the relationship between the table Relevé de temps et consultants is not active and they are connected with the field identifiant.

Also, the relationship between the table Projets et calendar is not active and they are connected with the field Date.

So how can I change this relationship to be an active relationship? Any tips? I tried to change it directly as is shown below but it didn't work :

6 REPLIES 6
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Consultant is One; in one join and many on another join.

Can you provide some more information on project , consultant and Relevé de temps, what kind of data

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak  the data that we are working on projects contains the code of projects that we are working on and they are related to a time record (relevès de temps) indirectly with code project by the intermediate of the table Table. 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak you mean like this : 

Hicham_0-1614331457653.png

And how can I do it also for the relation between Projets and Calendar?

@Anonymous 

Is the relationship between Consultants and Projets a date field?

It looks to me that the Consultants table filters the Date column in the Projets table (either directly or indirectly) which creates a conflict with the calendar table. 

I suggest you create the relationship between the calendar table and the consultants table (instead of Calendar -> projets)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

@Anonymous , I need to understand about three tables I mentioned above. can you share some samples so I can understand their relationship and suggested what is needed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.