Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lastnn30
Post Patron
Post Patron

Modeling is not working

Hi

I have 2 tables (FactTable and dTable1, please see below)  in an excel file. I do not want to use Power Query-->merge, to get Region from the dTable1. So created 1-to-Many relationship (PBI did it for me). I used PowerQuery to add Revenue column in FactTable ((1-discount)*unit*price).  Now when I try to insert a visual and insert  Region and Revenue, PBI did not group Regions and I can not change the function for Revenue to do SUM. What is the issue please? I PBI file is here if you are interested

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HuPC_X-l5ihXFB_AkQ26DBprFCJ248IY/view?usp=sharing

SNAG-0466.jpg

SNAG-0467.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lastnn30 , 

Please refer to my pbic file to see if it helps you.

Create a column firstly.

Column = CALCULATE(MAX(DTable1[Region]),FILTER((DTable1),DTable1[SalesRep]=EARLIER(FactTable[SalesRep])))

Then create a measure.

Measure 3 = CALCULATE(SUM(FactTable[Revenue]),FILTER(ALL(FactTable),FactTable[Column]=SELECTEDVALUE(FactTable[Column])))

vpollymsft_0-1646810957176.png

If I have misunderstood your meaning, please provide your desired output with more details.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lastnn30 , 

Please refer to my pbic file to see if it helps you.

Create a column firstly.

Column = CALCULATE(MAX(DTable1[Region]),FILTER((DTable1),DTable1[SalesRep]=EARLIER(FactTable[SalesRep])))

Then create a measure.

Measure 3 = CALCULATE(SUM(FactTable[Revenue]),FILTER(ALL(FactTable),FactTable[Column]=SELECTEDVALUE(FactTable[Column])))

vpollymsft_0-1646810957176.png

If I have misunderstood your meaning, please provide your desired output with more details.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

The issue is that your Revenue is set to text data type. In the query editor, change it to a numeric data type and the option to summarize it with a sum will appear. However, I encourage you to create a simple measure with the SUM function instead.

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Thank you for your reply. Could you please explain how to create a measure with the SUM? Thanks again.

lastnn30
Post Patron
Post Patron

Thank you very much. When I opned Power Query editor, I saw the column was formatted to 1.2 (decimal)! but despite that I clicked on the drop down menu and clicked decimal again and it is working. Thank you very much again. I wont be able to figure that out without your help.

ERD
Super User
Super User

@lastnn30 , you need to change the format of the column to Decimal:

ERD_0-1646582515317.png

and then to summarize the column if you want to use it this way:

ERD_1-1646582541251.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution ✔️to help the other members find it more quickly.

I am a Ukrainian living in Ukraine. Please, help us to survive. Here are official ways you can support us (accounts with multiple currencies):
https://bank.gov.ua/ua/about/support-the-armed-forces

USD:
BENEFICIARY: National Bank of Ukraine
BENEFICIARY BIC: NBUA UA UX
BENEFICIARY ADDRESS: 9 Instytutska St, Kyiv, 01601, Ukraine
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 400807238
BENEFICIARY BANK NAME: JP MORGAN CHASE BANK, New York
BENEFICIARY BANK BIC: CHASUS33
ABA 0210 0002 1
BENEFICIARY BANK ADDRESS: 383 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10017, USA
PURPOSE OF PAYMENT: for crediting account 47330992708

Accounts details for other currencies (EUR|GBP|CHF|AUD|CAD|PLN) can be found here: https://bank.gov.ua/ua/about/support-the-armed-forces

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. Appreciate your Kudos.

Check out my latest demo report in the data story gallery.

Stand with Ukraine!

Here are official ways you can support Ukraine financially (accounts with multiple currencies):
1) Support the Armed Forces of Ukraine: https://bank.gov.ua/ua/about/support-the-armed-forces
2) Come Back Alive foundation: https://www.comebackalive.in.ua/

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.