Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Modeling a question with several answer options in a 100% stacked bar chart

Hi all, 

I am trying to visualize the responses to a survey. I have several questions which have multiple options for the respondents to chose from.

whereitsat.PNG

For example Respondent one will answer question one by providing a response where you see answer1, answer2 and answer3. I would like to end up with a visualization like this.

goal.PNG

I am fairly new to Power BI and dax measures are currently beyond me. Can anyone reccomend how to do this? or how I can learn how to do this?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

data sauce.PNGwhere its at.PNG

This is where im out with my data source on top and where im at with the visualization on the bottom. 

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

Check if Unpivot Columns in Query Editor helps.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/matrix-to-table-help/td-p/329415

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems like it does make things diffirent but I don't know enough for that to help me. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey,

I think you will have to re-structure the table.

You cannot have a 'Master' column like Question1 and under it more columns like Answer1, Answer2...AnswerN

This is what I did with the data model, then used stacked bar chart

2019-02-19 15_57_49-papercut - Remote Desktop Connection.png

2019-02-19 15_57_37-papercut - Remote Desktop Connection.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.