Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pawlowski6132
Helper IV
Helper IV

Model Issues: Can't create relationships baed on Mix Mode usage?

I'm getting the following error. I'm assuming it's because I'm using Mixed Mode but, that could be a Red Herring thrown in by me:

This error doesn't tell me WHY I can't create the relationship I need or what to do to fix it. What's the best practice for working through such an issue?

pawlowski6132_0-1633534856176.png

I get the above error when trying to create:

Relationship

LL7_Translate_Dim = Manual Created Table in PQ, Import

Receiving_RCS = Azure SQL, Import

Already exists:

1) Relationship

LL7_Translate_Dim = Manual Created Table in PQ, Import

GL _Dim = Azure Analysis Services, DQ

2) Relationship

Receiving_RCS = Azure SQL, Import

Date_Dim = Azure Analysis Services, DQ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pawlowski6132

It seems 'GL _Dim' and 'Date_Dim' are two tables from the same DQ Azure Analysis Services data source. You see this error because the model has hit the following limitation. 'Receiving_RCS' and 'LL7_Translate_Dim' are tables outside of the DQ AAS source. 

• Filters and relationships:

• A filter applied from a data source to a table from another DirectQuery source can only be set on a single column

• Cross-filtering two tables in a DirectQuery source by filtering them with a table outside of the source is not a recommended design, and is not supported.

• A filter can only touch a table once. Applying the same filter to a table twice, through one of more tables outside of the DirectQuery source, is not supported.

Reference: Using DirectQuery for datasets and Azure Analysis Services (preview) - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pawlowski6132

It seems 'GL _Dim' and 'Date_Dim' are two tables from the same DQ Azure Analysis Services data source. You see this error because the model has hit the following limitation. 'Receiving_RCS' and 'LL7_Translate_Dim' are tables outside of the DQ AAS source. 

• Filters and relationships:

• A filter applied from a data source to a table from another DirectQuery source can only be set on a single column

• Cross-filtering two tables in a DirectQuery source by filtering them with a table outside of the source is not a recommended design, and is not supported.

• A filter can only touch a table once. Applying the same filter to a table twice, through one of more tables outside of the DirectQuery source, is not supported.

Reference: Using DirectQuery for datasets and Azure Analysis Services (preview) - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

Can you please post a depiction of the model view with the relevant tables? 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.