Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

boboroo
Frequent Visitor

Mobile Layout doesn't show data

Hi everyone,

i have a strange problem on PowerBi Desktop. I build a report based on a published dataset. On the standard layout i see all the values and can do everything as expected. Now i wanted to configure the mobile layout. After dragging the visuals onto the canvas, i see blanks. The specific visual is a card, which shows the correct values on Desktop layout:

boboroo_0-1645791613038.png

i thought this is only a preview of the layout and it will sort out after publishing it. After publishing the report to the services and using the powerbi app, i see the same thing...

Anyone a idea what could be causing this?

Thanks

EDIT: Ok, in don'T know if this is by design or intended, but is it possible, that powerbi just lifts the relationship between visual elemnts after switching to the mobile layout?

I have on the report  one side of daily data which is controlled by a slicers with daily dates. On the other side i have the same, but only for weekly data. For new visuals on the page i need to edit the realtionship so both slicers do not influence each "side" of the report. After just copying one of the visuals i get the blank result and it seems, that is what the mobile layout does. I can't change in the mobile layout the realtionship from one slider to the other elements. Or i just dont see that option. Anyone an idea?

This is how it looks on Desktop with new duplicate visual, before i change the realtionship:

boboroo_0-1645793077486.png

3 REPLIES 3
michalfoster
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hi @boboroo ,

That seems to be an issue with the report interaction that was not supported on Feb release

The support for the Interaction in mobile formatting is available from Desktop April release.
I hope you will find it useful

Please let me know if you are still facing this issue
Thanks,
Michal

v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @boboroo 

Based on my research, you can see the same values on the mobile layout as on the standard layout.

This is not by design or intended, and it works well for me.

Not sure if the slicer in your report is filtering the data, you can do a test where you can create a new card visual on another page and remove all filters and check if the values are the same for the card visual on the standard layout and the mobile layout.

vangzhengmsft_0-1646012640514.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the replay, and sry for the late answer. The Problem is, that the Page has two sides. One side is showing daily data and the other weekly data. On the nromal Desktop layout i can edit the Interaktion for the slicers to filter only on specific visuals. Those two slicers, which filter the visuals / data in them, do not affect each others visuals as i changed the interaction.

I try to illustrate it:

boboroo_0-1646655087277.png

When i change to mobile layout this interaction, which i especially set, is nowhere to be found.

I laready tested it what you suggested. If i make a new page and take only e.g. the daily visuals with its slicer there, i see the correct values as i dont have the second slicers for weekly.

From my observation what happens is, that on mobile layout those interactions are not working anymore and the data is being sliced by both slicers, which should not happen, as the interactions on normal layout is set to not affect the visuals from each side (daily / weekly)

Daily Slicers = dates in the format dd.mm.yyyy

Weekly Slicers = date in the format ww.yyyy (converted as string to show weeks)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.