Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

varit_ni
Frequent Visitor

Missing some values in Pie Chart

I create a pie chart indicating % of Market Value per NAV. However, the chart doesn't dispaly all possible values.
For instance, in below case 3 values are missing.

Please suggest how to display all.

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Baskar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi varit,

This is default nature of Pie chart in Power BI. It will doesn't show the most least value in visual.

That we cant do anything on here 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
elz
Advocate II
Advocate II

This is interesting, because I created a pie chart whose data source had negative values. None of the negative values appeared on the chart, even though there were only 5 or 6 values displayed on the chart.

I wonder if the reason the negative numbers were not displayed is because they were the lowest values to be displayed on the chart?

Tracy

varit_ni
Frequent Visitor

Hi Tracy. Believe that you need to have only positive value to display on the chart. How about you use ABS(neg_no). Would that work?

hi varit,

yes, pie charts only display positive values. i just changed the chart type to a stacked column chart, so that the negative values could be displayed.

tracy
Baskar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi varit,

This is default nature of Pie chart in Power BI. It will doesn't show the most least value in visual.

That we cant do anything on here 

Currently it my pie chart is not showing labels for values in the middle of the data... Why would the labels excludes values in the middle of my data set rather than leave off the last 2-3? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why were there so many bugs in Power BI even after the updated version was released this Aug? This never happens in anyother BI tool.

Thanks Baskar. Sadly, some values there are critical. Will use Card to display them instead.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors