Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Theo1403
Frequent Visitor

Missing rows in table view

Hello,

I run into a strange issue. My report is showing incomplete data. I checked my queries and I found out that I miss certain rows in table view, while these rows are visible in query editor after running the queries. Queries are running without any notifications/warnings/errors, table seems complete in query editor but seems to lose records when loading to table view. Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

Regards, Theo

8 REPLIES 8
umer_pbi

I had the same problem where nothing worked for showing the missing rows in table view. I overcame the issue by copying the query text from advanced editor into a new query. All data for the new query was visible in table view - no rows missed. I then edited the old query to simply point to the new query. Worked!

Oana
Frequent Visitor

I had the same issue and what worked for me was to go to each field that had numeric data, in the Visualisations pane, and make sure they are set to Don't Summarize and then Show Items with No Data. 

Oana_0-1697827573840.png

Oana
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue, the table visual has no filters but is leaving out rows. The table in power query has complete data. The table visual is very simple, I am not able to find out a cause for these missing rows. 

AlexisP

highlight all columns in power query. go to transform, trim and then clean.

Cmcmahan
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Just to double check, have you refreshed the data preview in the Query Editor recently?  Just wanting to check that the data you're looking for is still in the data source itself.

If it's there, but not showing up in Table view, be sure to right click the top of the column and clear all filters.  I know that I've definitely gone crazy trying to find a specific entry, but was unable to find it because I had forgotten an old filter from a few hours ago.

If it STILL doesn't show up, try filtering in ONLY the missing data from the Query Editor and see if it shows up in your visuals.  It would also be helpful if you could recreate a subsection of the data and share the .pbix with us.

Hello @tarunsingla @Cmcmahan 

I refreshed data and checked that no filters are active in table view. In my query I added a filter to just filter the missing records. In query editor the missing rows are visible, but they are not visible in table view and therefore also missing in my report. Seems like a bug in Power BI to me. See screenshot which shows the same table in query editor and in table view. Table in table view is empty.

Regards Theo 

Screenshot.PNG

At the top of the Query Editor, you've got a bar that tells you that the data preview is 108 days old, and may be out of sync. 

Hit the refresh button, and it should fix your discrepancy.

tarunsingla
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

There's probably a filter on your report page that is filtering out some records.

To confirm, go to View tab and check the Selection Pane box. Under the Selection Pane, see if there are any undesired filters on your page.

Also, check for any report level or page level filters in your pbix.

Untitled.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.