cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PHA369 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Missing date hierarchy when marking as date table

Hi Guys,

I’ve got a problem with the date hierarchy. I have a self-created Date Table. BI recognizes the Date and automatically creates a date hierarchy. But when I use this table as a central data base I can’t use prediction functions.

835354538.png 

When I mark it as date table I can do predictions. But it loses the date hierarchy which I used all over my report. Any ideas why it

loses the date hierarchy when I mark it as a date table and how I can get both?

4556+56565.png

5 REPLIES 5
themistoklis New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Missing date hierarchy when marking as date table

If your data schema is not a complicated one, you can create a duplicate date table and use it with Date Hierarchy

PHA369 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

My data scheme is quiet big and keeps rising. 

And I used my date hierarchy already in a lot of reports.

When I make a duplicate of the date table - one with hierarchy and one without - it still loses the hierarchy.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi PHA369,

Does the "prediction function" you have mentioned mean quick measure? Quick measure can be created on usual field,  can't be created on hierarchy field but can be created in sub level field in a hierarchy. If you have other issues, please clarify more details about it.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi PHA369,

Have you solved your issue by now? If you have, could you kindly mark one answer to finish the thread?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Highlighted
PHA369 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

The "prediction function" I was talking about is in the Nalatytics pane in Power BI Desktop. It's supposed to show an expected forecast.
This function is lost when I use the date formated as I showed it in my picture above. 
What do you mean with sub level field in a hierarchy?

Regards