Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PHA369
Frequent Visitor

Missing date hierarchy when marking as date table

Hi Guys,

I’ve got a problem with the date hierarchy. I have a self-created Date Table. BI recognizes the Date and automatically creates a date hierarchy. But when I use this table as a central data base I can’t use prediction functions.

835354538.png 

When I mark it as date table I can do predictions. But it loses the date hierarchy which I used all over my report. Any ideas why it

loses the date hierarchy when I mark it as a date table and how I can get both?

4556+56565.png

6 REPLIES 6
bsewell47

Checking in on this - I've come across the same issue in 2021. After converting to a Date Table, all my calnedar-driven visuals switched from Month and @Quarter views to daily views. The only way to return to the proper format was to remove the date setting. What is happening here?

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi PHA369,

Have you solved your issue by now? If you have, could you kindly mark one answer to finish the thread?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi PHA369,

Does the "prediction function" you have mentioned mean quick measure? Quick measure can be created on usual field,  can't be created on hierarchy field but can be created in sub level field in a hierarchy. If you have other issues, please clarify more details about it.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

The "prediction function" I was talking about is in the Nalatytics pane in Power BI Desktop. It's supposed to show an expected forecast.
This function is lost when I use the date formated as I showed it in my picture above. 
What do you mean with sub level field in a hierarchy?

Regards

themistoklis
Community Champion
Community Champion

If your data schema is not a complicated one, you can create a duplicate date table and use it with Date Hierarchy

My data scheme is quiet big and keeps rising. 

And I used my date hierarchy already in a lot of reports.

When I make a duplicate of the date table - one with hierarchy and one without - it still loses the hierarchy.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.