Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Missing data from model

Hello!

I'm having an issue where some of my data seems to be missing. As a result, my data model does not work.

My sourcefile has a max value of 556 (and this is correct in power query) BUT my loaded data in report has the max value of 509. I can't get my head around this as this table is only a helper between two other tables to calculate different aspects.

Number of total rows in sourcefile is 503 rows.

What could be going on here?

BestUser1_1-1632472911335.png

BestUser1_2-1632472972011.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okey, this is what I ended up doing. I just loaded a new table from exact same source and it worked. I can't say how many hours I did spend with this but if it happens to someone in future, just know that there is nothing wrong with you or in your data!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okey, this is what I ended up doing. I just loaded a new table from exact same source and it worked. I can't say how many hours I did spend with this but if it happens to someone in future, just know that there is nothing wrong with you or in your data!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , first of in data view check number of rows and max value. If that is less, check any error power query is showing. There can be an error folder.

If the data view shows same rows and max value, then it issue with filter on the page

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data view does say that there is 457 rows. Max value is also different (510).

I can't seem to be able to find any error folder in powerquery? Where this should be located?

@Anonymous , error folder or red color on some column. Can you share a screenshot of the power query.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data is from client so I can't really share a screenshot of data either. I did check all the folders and there is no error folder to be found. Also there is no red /error columns in this table (and it consist of two columns.)

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.