Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sokatenaj
Helper III
Helper III

Missing Values

Hi Folks,

I have the following data: 

Capture.PNG

I have the following measure that represents "Annual Salary (USD)": 

Annual Salary (USD) = SUMX(Active, Active[Annual Salary (Local Currency)]*Related('FX Rates'[Exchange Rate]))

I have a foreign exchange table has the rates to calculate from our different currencies to USD so we can budget in US Dollars. However, there are some lines that just don't calculate and I have NO idea why. If you notice, the 5th and 6th lines are not calculating to USD. Even though the previous lines do and subsequent lines do. 

What the heck could be the issue? I have about 80 employees out of 7000 that this is happening to from the "Annual Salary (Local Currency)" field, but the data looks the same. When I look at the raw data from Oracle, it looks fine. Any idea why this is happening? I'm so stumped! 

Please and thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I ended up figuring out what the issue was. I had a table with a relationship that was causing missing values because of the bidirectional nature of the relationship and the type. I removed it and just did it as a VLOOKUP and all is well 🙂 

Thanks so much. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
parry2k
Super User
Super User

did you added this new calculation as a measure or column.

Can you try following, add as a new column:

Annual Salary (USD) Test = Active[Annual Salary (Local Currency)]*Related('FX Rates'[Exchange Rate])

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

It's a measure used as a field in a table. 

Hi @sokatenaj,

Please create a calculated column using the formula below in Table 'Active', and check if the value is blank for 5th and 6th rows.

Exchange Rate=Related('FX Rates'[Exchange Rate])

Please respond to me if you have any other issue.

Best Regards,
Angelia

I ended up figuring out what the issue was. I had a table with a relationship that was causing missing values because of the bidirectional nature of the relationship and the type. I removed it and just did it as a VLOOKUP and all is well 🙂 

Thanks so much. 

Did you tried adding a column as suggested in my previous reply?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.