Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Daz4
Helper I
Helper I

Missing Rows when loading Dataflow into dataset

I wonder if anyone knows what mihgt be wrong in my data. I have a dataflow that i feed into a dataset and have no filters at all on the dataset. The issue I have is that there are 12 rows missing from the dataset that I can see in the Dataflow. I have tried a fresh dataset just to make sure there are no hidden filters, and have applied no steps other than filtering down to look for a specific row that I can see in my dataflow. I have updated successfully several times to make sure the data is up to date. The source data is fine of course also. 

Any ideas anybody???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
FarhanAhmed
Community Champion
Community Champion

Did you check column statistics (profile), any error in data that is skipping in the Viewing report?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
tamnm1601
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi everyone,

I got exactly the same issue. So, eventually, how did you solve it? Just let it be and it fixed itself?

Thanks

levkalm
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I have a similar issue. I have a Dataflow that does the transformation and I see all rows I need to in the specific table, however when I want to pull the table into PBI Desktop, many rows are missing. I tried to re-establish the credentials, didn't work. I tried to add the table again, didn't work. There are also no filters applied or errors there that would block me. What is strange is if I copy the M code from PBI Service to PBI Desktop, the results are same, however still when I connect to the Dataflow from Desktop and select the table, it will not pull in all rows.

Do you have any suggestion why is that? or what should i try solving this?

Thanks!

For me it was just a matter iof trying later. It just seemed toi fix itself in the end. 

levkalm
Frequent Visitor

I could fix yesterday. Had to allow combining data from different sources.

Daz4
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks I hadn't thought of that, but no errors there or anything else that springs out. I'm rather baffled!

FarhanAhmed
Community Champion
Community Champion

Do you have any filters applied at the report level?

Do you have any RLS applied on your report that is limiting the data?

Is your data missing at Desktop or at PBI Service ?

There is a filter but it is the same on both Dataflow and Dataset. I have even tried replicating a new Dataset without any filters and the rows still do not appear. 

It seems fine at Service level but missing from Power BI desktop as well as the service level dataset.

No RLS that I have applied, and the missing rows do not seem to have any RLS type rule applicable. For example, on a specific date I have agent x taking 10 calls and a random one of them doesnt show up. I can see the other 9.

FarhanAhmed
Community Champion
Community Champion

Did you check column statistics (profile), any error in data that is skipping in the Viewing report?

I hadnt thought of that so thanks for the suggestion. I just tried and nothing there. 

However, I just looked again and the data just appeared for no reason! Maybe something along the way, but I have no idea still what caused the issue. Possibly just a bug??? 

Any way I greatly appreciated your suggestiosn Farhan!!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.