Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tusmo
Frequent Visitor

Missing Python?

I was lead to believe that Python integartion should be available in the latest version but I can't find it?

The version is 2.61.5192.601 64-bit (August 2018) but there is no Python script - option in the Get Data - dialog nor can I see any option to create a Python visual on the Report - tab.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Seward12533
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

It’s a preview feature. Be sure to enable it in the Options settings under the file menu

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Make sure you have enabled the “Python Support” feature from the Power BI Desktop. To enable this feature, Go to File menu > Options and Settings > select Options >  Preview Features > select “Python Support” > click OK.

Restart the Power BI App.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

there is no "Preview Features" in my Power BI Desktop.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

Can you find this after clicking on options 

This window will open once you click on optionsThis window will open once you click on options

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I am using Power BI Desktop Optimized for Report Server. I guess I can not see for this reason, because there is really no any "Preview Features" 😕 

Seward12533
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

It’s a preview feature. Be sure to enable it in the Options settings under the file menu
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I also installed PBI August 2018 but there is not even "Preview Features", or Python Script.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.