Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dsquad96
Frequent Visitor

Missing Options For Append Query

Hi there,

I'm SUPER new to power BI, and I've been going through some tutorials. One thing I have noticed is that my interface seems to be missing some pieces that I am seeing in the tutorials. The one that I am currently looking for is The dropdown options in the query editor for "Append Queries". The tutorial I am working on calls for me to use "Append Query As New", but I don't have this option available in my interface. There is no dropdown beside "Append Queries" as is shown in the tutorial. Is there something I need to do to enable these features? 

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is interesting. Thought maybe if you dont have any tables the dropdown wouldnt be there, but it is... Maybe try updating PBI, the lateste version is:

Version: 2.66.5376.2521

Also, do you have the same problem when looking at the query editor in excel?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
dsquad96
Frequent Visitor

Hi Nick,

Sure, here is my ribbon in the query editor:Capture.PNG

I'm working in powerBI Desktop version  2.29.4217.341

the data I'm using is from excel. Currently I am just referencing 2 different excel files, with pretty simple data, just to get a feel for things:

Capture2.PNG

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

That is interesting. Thought maybe if you dont have any tables the dropdown wouldnt be there, but it is... Maybe try updating PBI, the lateste version is:

Version: 2.66.5376.2521

Also, do you have the same problem when looking at the query editor in excel?

I'll see if I can get my IT to update it for me. It seems to work in excel. I at least get the options to specify multiple talbes, which I haven't been able to get in powerBI.

Capture3.PNG

I got the update installed, and the dropdowns have appeared!. Thanks for your help Nick!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Should just be there.. can you take a screenshot and list out what you are using ( excel, pbi, etc) ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.