Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PatrickBoers

Missing MS Access tables/queries in the Navigator

Hi,

I conneced Power BI Desktop successfully to an MS Access database. Everything went well. Now I added a couple of more queries in the Access database and those queries dont show in the Power BI Navigator. Can someone help?

Thanks in advance,

PAT...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PatrickBoers

I found the issue. If you have a PlainText function in the Access query you want to use in Power BI it does not show up. If you remove the PlainText fuction from the Access query it is back in the Power BI Navigator.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PatrickBoers

I found the issue. If you have a PlainText function in the Access query you want to use in Power BI it does not show up. If you remove the PlainText fuction from the Access query it is back in the Power BI Navigator.

What if you need to convert objects to text to enable joins?  This limitation doesn't make sense.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @PatrickBoers,

I am not sure which queries you add in Access database. However, I test the scenario as yours, after importing some tables of Access database into Power BI Desktop, when adding new queries in Access database, please save your Access database file, then click Recent Sources in the current Power BI Desktop and select your Access database file, in the Navigator, you will find the newly added queries. There is an example for your reference.
1.PNG2.PNG

However, if you add new rows or columns to imported tables of Access, after saving your Access database file, please click “Refresh” under Home ribbon in Power BI Desktop, then the newly added rows or columns will be reflected in Power BI Desktop.
3.PNG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Baskar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

for that u have to go "Query Editor "  from there u can ab;e to change the query.

In Development environment we can't change the query.

pls see the pictures.

1.JPG

2.JPG

Click the Gear icon in source on second image and it will bring u on the source .

let me know if any questions

Editing the query doesn't help if tables or queries in the database aren't available in the data connection.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.