Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Missing Jira/Portfolio data from JSON/Rest API

I have a data connecter retrieving data from Jira/Portfolio through the Jira Rest API:

https://<JIRA_SERVER>/rest/api/2/search?jql=project%20in%20(GIV)%20and%20issuetype%20=%20Epic

I am specifically looking for the Parent Link field on the Epic that references the key to the parent Initiative (customfield_13703)

My problem lies in the discrepancy between the actual JSON contents and the Power BI interpretation of the JSON contents.

Attacued is a side-by-side comparison of the raw JSON data and the coresponding object in Power BI.

Everything lines up nicely with the exception of a few customfield values (see highlighted in attached image) that are presumably part of the Portfolio add-on.  It seems to be selectively excluding the customfields in the 137xx range.

If I specifically add the missing fields in my field expansion, the resulting field value is null (for obvious reasons - it isn't there to retrieve...)  Any suggestions on locating the missing information would be greatly appreciated.

Jira/Portfolio fieldsJira/Portfolio fields

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on my research, there is a maxResults value limitation (100 rows) returned by JIRA REST API, please see: JIRA Cloud REST API /rest/api/latest/search?maxResults=1000 is returning only 100 results

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yulgu-msft  Is there any more to add based on my response to your suggestion?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yulgu-msft - This is a hosted server Jira instance.  In addition, I have implemented a recursive/paged query that removes the result size limit.  THe issue is that even for a single record, the JSON returned by the rest call executed from within Power BI does not contain the same fields that the same call through a web browser returns.  My attached illustration identifies the difference in fields contained in the JSON structure.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.