Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ashaikh
Helper III
Helper III

Missing Days In Bar Chart Combo of Column and Measure

Hello,

I have condition here, I created a combo chart with count of a column and measure.

Measure is count of ticket closed on a particular day irrespective the day it was created. What I mean by this is, I have a monthly report for say February 2019 based on submit date. So even if a ticket is created in some other month say January 2019 but closed in February 2019 it should up. I have this measure created which is working perfectly. DAX for measure is: 

DayTicketsResolvedWorkOrder = 
CALCULATE (
    DISTINCTCOUNT ( viewProdWorkOrderBIRCCL[WorkOrderId]),
    FILTER (
        ALL ( viewProdWorkOrderBIRCCL ),
        ( viewProdWorkOrderBIRCCL[Status] = "Closed" || viewProdWorkOrderBIRCCL[Status] = "Completed")
            && viewProdWorkOrderBIRCCL[MonthEnDate] = MAX(viewProdWorkOrderBIRCCL[MonthSubmitDate])
            && viewProdWorkOrderBIRCCL[DayEndDate] = MAX(viewProdWorkOrderBIRCCL[Day])
            && viewProdWorkOrderBIRCCL[AssignedGroup] = "Security Administration"
            && (viewProdWorkOrderBIRCCL[Assignee] = "Francisco Padilla Guerrero"
                || viewProdWorkOrderBIRCCL[Assignee] = "Kenneth Hanna"
                || viewProdWorkOrderBIRCCL[Assignee] = "Rodolfo Ochoa"
                || viewProdWorkOrderBIRCCL[Assignee] = "Jaime Humberto Vargas Cumpian"
                || viewProdWorkOrderBIRCCL[Assignee] = "David Gamboa Garza")
    )
)

Now whats happening here is if for a particular day there is no ticket submitted then it does not show that day in the combo chart. Here is the example:barchart.png

Now if you see here there is no ticket which was submitted on 22nd but there are tickets resolved on that day. How will I be able to correct that.

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

without a simpliefied pbix that contains some sample data, this is difficult to answer.

From your DAX statement I would say that this line

&& viewProdWorkOrderBIRCCL[MonthEnDate] = MAX(viewProdWorkOrderBIRCCL[MonthSubmitDate])

prevents the workids created in January to not show up in February.

The problem you are facing is called "Events in Progress" there are some great blogposts about this problem. My favorite one is this blog by Gerhard Brückl
https://blog.gbrueckl.at/events-in-progress/
, that also contains links to other blogpost.

Hopefully this gets you started.

If not please consider to prepare a pbix that contains some sample data, upload the pbix to onedrive or dropbox and share the link.

Regards,
Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

@TomMartens WorkIds created in January do show up in February. But only in the case where there are no workids created on particular day for february, does not show up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.